Thursday, June 25, 2015

Amante de Barcelona




Well... Ive done it  again people. I've waited nearly an entire week and haven't told you about my last adventure... Though it seems every day is an adventure for me in España! 


This week is our final week of the first month and it's been pretty busy. We've had two presentations, a group project (we had to record a video... I sang a Katy perry song ...in English. My class mate pretended to be Enrique Iglesias...), etc etc ... So needless to say... Busy week. 

But first things first... Barcelona... 


Ohhh Barcelona , dear, sweet, magnificent, wonderful, lovely, Barcelona! Me encanta mucho Barcelona. I know what you're thinking... How could you fall in love with the city that is world renowned for being one of the top 3 cities in the world for pick pocketing?? Well let me tell you, yo tenía mucho miedo over this just like every Typical American tourist would... But I was so overly careful that I never felt unsafe, minus riding on the metro, but even then... If You keep your travel wits about you.. No pasa nada. 

First off Trip started on a Thursday ... So I missed one day of class because we literally had a 7 hour bus ride from 11-morning time. Talk about awful. Riding by bus sucks ... Just FYI. We finally got there and I looked to Allie and said yay.. And she said... You know we can't check in until 12 right ???? And I literally thought I was about To fall over and die, because it was 8 o'clock and we had to find ways to stay occupied until 12. Allie and decided to go ahead and take a taxi to the hostel which ended up being SUPER dope (the generator, one of top 3 out of 50 in Barcelona... Just for future reference)...  Anyways super dope hostel but found out we actually couldn't check in until 2... So we locked our belongings up and did what girls do best ... SHOPPED ... And saw Barcelona too of course. I bought a swim top (pictured) and a couple of other things...


We decided we would hit up the beach later... So we literally did all of this for hours until we decided to have lunch and head back to the hostel for our rooms. 

Once checked in we showered and hit up the beach.... Beach life in Barcelona ... Is where it's at. Now we were also told to come back for the discotecas at night. We met a couple of guys from England (and Wales) pictured, and they invited us to hang out with them later that evening.


I was a tad smitten with the one from Wales ... so we decided we would check it out later. We went back to the hostel, got ready and headed back to the beach.  Allie and I are professionals with the metro system in Barcelona. I'd say we know it like the back of our hand. 

We went to Bestial... Met up with the guys ended up splitting up for the night...because I wanted to spend some time with the guy I was smitten with.. Allie took a taxi home... I ended up getting LITERALLY pushed to the road at 539 in the morning because I *sorry I'm a very blatantly honest person... Continue reading at your disgression*. I'm a make out girl. I don't have sex. I don't do anything sexual--- i will kiss you if we get along and we've just met ... That's as far as it goes , most men think I'm kidding or that I'm some sort of challenge or prize... They like to see how far they can really get... Sometimes its easy for me to scope these guys out... Sometimes I fall for stupid sweet lines and charming looks... Oh and did I say welsh accents ???  So this guy ends up wanting sexual pleasure ... Not my MO... He literally kicked me out at 530 AM in the streets of a city I didn't know. I had 9% battery life  left on my iPhone and had no idea where I was.. It was by the grace of a god higher than me that j made it back to my hostel that morning. I told the taxi driver that took me. "Tu has salvado mi vida". He laughed. I didn't. 


Anyways... So that's not your usual Friday night, but thank God I don't drink or otherwise I would have never made it. 


Allie and I hit up Parc Güell the following afternoon. Talk about struggle bus city. Getting to the top is so steep they installed outdoor escalators. I'm going to have to say this... Not even worth it. I LOVE GAUDIS work... Huge fan, but you know how you go to an overcrowded theme park and wait hours and hours to ride your favorite ride ??? Yeah ... Too many people in a small area trying to take a picture of the same thing. I got my picture with the wall though ... Which apparently, if you don't you weren't ever in Barca?? Did you know ? I didn't. Glad I got a photo. Allie didn't however so I guess that means she wasn't really there! 😂😂😂

Allie and stuck together all day.. We went back to the hotel afterwards had comida, met some really cool guys in the hostel cafe -- they were from North Carolina and backpacking through Europe! Very cool dudes. They invited us to Opium that night -- we told them we would go and meet them there. Boy do I love to dance. 


We got ready headed out for a night on the town. We had so much fun. Allie bumped into a guy from France on the dance floor and he invited us to the VIP section. We could see everything from there. Free red bull-- whatever we liked. That was fun for a while, but we decided to move around a little more and meet some more people . Discoteca dancing is so refreshing... It's nothing like bumping and grinding and dirty dancing. It's a lot of fun.  

We kind of weaved in and out of people all night had a really good time... Went home around 430. Passed out.. 


And never woke up in time on Sunday for Sagrada Familia. 

We have decided we will return.


I fell in ❤️ with Barca because it's so full of life --- I just wanted to stay there and continue exploring all of it.  


Other than that... I've been homesick for a couple of days. We don't realize how much we take for granted, like water for example. You pay for it everywhere around here. Unless in casa, in restaurants... You pay. 

I miss my diet from back home. Mostly I miss leafy greens: spinach, kale. I also miss my berries and Greek yogurt and carrots!!! 

I called my best friend and had a good cry session today. I also went to mcdonalds and had a cheeseburger. I tried not to be to hard on myself about it, but honestly it's the only food here that makes me feel remotely close to being home. 


I love you all.


xoxo

M. 


Allie and I 
Allie, the England guys, me
Cool giraffe statue in the city 
First night out in Barca
Huge plaza ❤️


Güell Parc 
With the wall. I was there. MIRA!!!! Look!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

PS. 

Really funny side note... People think Im from Spain all of the time. I mean.. Natives will ask me sometimes because I'm morena. :) however, this story really takes the cake... Allie and I were riding the metro to the beach one night around 130. There were tons of people from America on the same metro and they were all drunk and acting a fool. We decided that if they happened to speak to us... We would pretend we had NO idea what they were saying!!! Anyways one of the guys drunkenly bumped into me and began saying he was sorry. Allie and I acted like we had no idea what he was saying.. So he proceeded to say "LOW SI-EN-TOE" (I'm sorry in Spanish) -- I spelled it this way because he said it broken just like this, very loud, very slow. I proceeded to say in my best Spanish accent. "No pasa nada". He tried to continue to speak English to us and we looked at him as if he were retarded (basically insinuating we had no idea what he was saying) ... Then the little girls sitting next to me.. Obviously at a more proficient level in her speaking and understanding started asking us questions about where we were from... How sorry she was about their behavior. Allie and I were both actually able to pull off that we were Spanish... How I have no idea... But I guess Americans will believe anything if you're good enough. Thought you all would like to know. Very funny experience. 




No comments:

Post a Comment