Sunday, June 21, 2015

Segovia.

Hello my friends,


It's been such a long time since we visited Segovia-- I've just been really busy enjoying myself this weekend in Barcelona-- which is probably one of the most fun cities I've ever been to. 

Segovia-- We took a day trip to Segovia as a whole group. This time we didn't have to stay together the whole time, which is nice because I find it difficult to travel in big groups. 

The first thing we saw when driving into Segovia was the massive aqueduct ---  It was used throughout the centuries and preserved in excellent condition. It provided water to Segovia until the mid 19th century. Now it stands as the city's most important architectural landmark.

After taking a few pictures of and with the aqueduct, we took a tour of the Segovia Catedral-- absolutely beautiful - pictures don't do it any justice. Then we moved along to El Castillo de Torre Alcázar, house to Los Reyes. We then took a trip down a ton of stairs into a field below the castle. The view was amazing. We chilled out here for a minute and took some fun pictures. I've found a great group of girls to adventure with while I'm here. The four of us stuck together during the day in Segovia. Catalina, Allie, and Rebecca -- "the curly crew" because we all have curly hair. 

We went to have ice cream in the plaza after the castle! First ice cream in Spain for Catalina and myself. There were some little boys kicking a soccer ball around the plaza and the ball came to me a couple of times so would kick it back to them. I kicked it one time and got the ball stuck in a tree. Pretty comical if you ask me, but even worse--- I forgot where I was for a second and ran to the little boy and said I was sorry and I would help him get it --- in English-- he didn't understand a word. Woops!!! We did eventually get the ball, after breaking a tree branch and nearly falling over-- but eventually all was well.

After playing in the plaza for a little while -- we had dinner at Restaurante Jose! I took pictures of the food- I had ternera stuffed zuchinni ( to die for) and bacalao, which is cooked cod- very popular dish in Spain. Dinner got a little crazy -- I was reminded once again, why sobriety takes priority in my life.


After dinner we were supposed to get on the bus and head back, but poor, sweet Rebecca got locked in the bathroom for 40 minutes! Apparently the lock malfunctioned-- weird. The restaurant owner finally called a locksmith-- got her out and then we headed home.


It was a really long day, but very worth it.

I have just now gotten to a point where I'm missing American food. There's so much bread, meat, cheese. I just want spinach and kale and fresh fruits.


More about Barcelona to come! I hope everyone is well!

Siempre amor,

M.

Standing next to the aqueduct

In front of the cathedral.


Selfie and the castle.


Having a blast!


And the castle! 

Curly crew!!! Rebecca, myself, Allie, Catalina! ❤️

Dinner! 😍

:)) dinner ! 

PS. 

Daddy if youre reading this... I love You so much! Happy fathers day!


xoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment