Sunday, June 7, 2015

Toledo, Toledo.

I was so tired after a long day yesterday, which is the reason for not posting about Madrid and Toledo in the same post.  Plus, I'd really like for my readers to have an opportunity to absorb one post before trying to process a whole lot of information at one time.

Yesterday morning, that is 6 de Junio (6 of June)-- My friend Logan and I met at the estación de tren and purchased tickets to Madrid on the cercanias. The cercanias is a train that circles around the areas of the region of Madrid. (Madrid is a region, but there is also the city of Madrid, it seems confusing at first but it's really not once you are aware). We rode the circanias to Atocha, and from Atocha we purchased tickets to Toledo.  We were under the impression that a lot of other people from the group were already going to be there because the plans were to meet at the Plaza and go to the train station by 1030.  We never saw anyone from the group at the train station in Alcalá before leaving, so we assumed everyone had already left. I found out later...no one was coming until later that afternoon.

Anyways, upon arriving to Toledo,only about a 30 minute ride non stop, I hopped out of the train to find Logan( due to last minute ticket purchasing Logan and I were unable to ride together).  I found Logan outside of his coche chatting to two sweet chicas.  One from Canada and the other from New York.  We ended up hanging out with them most of the day. 

I can't describe how beautiful Toledo is in words.  It's very mountainous, and unique for it's architecture.  There are many historical sites here, and I wish pictures actually did this sweet little place justice.  I tried to take as many as possible, which you will see more through Facebook.  

Our first goal was to find the Greco museum/house so that we could tour it before leaving.  The picture of me piggy backing on Logan is actually NOT taken in front of the Greco, but the OFFICE of the Greco--- funny story behind this---but to sum it up, we thought we were in the right place and come to find out we were actually taking the way out of town and back to the train station. So we first took pictures, got lost, asked for directions, and then found our way.  There were many beautiful vistas on the way. 

We took photos in random places. There is a distinction in the Jewish quarter, I made sure to take pictures of the plaques in the ground. Toledo just has this spirit that makes you feel like you come from another time. Just something about it.  Logan and I also decided we found the most beautiful girl in Spain here in one of stores. ;)

Anyways we hung out with our friends at the Greco, stopped so they could have a late lunch, walked around for a bit longer, parted ways with our new friends, Logan bought a gift for his sister, and we went to a really neat baroque art display at the CC San Marcos. After this we walked the streets until we actually did run into the group that decided to come later. We took them to a really cool vista, grabbed dinner, and got our train back to Alcalá for the night. There was supposed to be a festival in Alcalá in the plaza de los santos niños, but we missed it because of our late arrival back in, so instead.....Logan and I decided to go to Bamby and have cafe solo and a pastry. 

a beautiful view of Toledo behind me.


Logan, sorry for my finger obstructing the view. I've been really bad about that lately. :\

Us with our new friends Shanay and Victoria.

We are all standing in La plaza mayor

Logan in the streets of the Toledo.

Outside of the place that we THOUGHT was El Museo Greco

Not the Greco lol

Our feet with a ceramic tile that has a menorah on it. These were found throughout the Jewish Quarter.

Very beautiful Street. Most of the main streets in Toledo are shaded with those big white canvas tapestries. Good thing too because Spain is HOT, hace mucho sol. Even with this, I still got a sun burn yesterday.

Kids will be kids. ;) I don't have the video of us both being kids, sadly

Logan and I. We found this view on our way to the Greco.


Absolutely beautiful, doesn't do it Justice.

A little garden I found walking along the streets of Toledo.

This statue (estatue) is at El Museo de Greco

A view from the Balcony of the restored house.

The garden of el museo de Greco

We got in trouble shortly after this because we were being total americans and sitting somewhere that people have to walk all of the time---when there are seats right around the corner...lolol

Just because i thought this was a nice spot to have a picture taken.

The distinction of the Jewish Quarter

The rotunda inside of the Museo de los artes baroques

The most beautiful girl in Spain...and us.

We saw UNA BODA (a wedding) in Toledo. I tried to get some good pictures.



my favorite pictures.

this is the view you see to your left when walking into Toledo!!! Very beautiful <3

Flores de Toledo. <3 

una puesta del sol hermosa. 

dos cafes solos (sin leche, sin azucar), con pasteles. 


I am so grateful to be here. 


I can't tell you that enough, so to all of the people who helped get me here, monetarily or just by being apart of my journey....Thank you. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment